A professional property investor
Our client purchased a vacant mixed-use building comprising of retail premises on the ground floor and one bedroom flat above, in Sussex. After providing a thorough review of the building and possible uses, Blue Alpine assisted with the planning process to achieve permission for conversion the ground floor retail area of 2,040 sq ft (189.52 sq m) to residential flats.
Our Planning Consultancy:
Our Planning Consultancy team achieved planning permission for the conversion of the retail unit to three one bedroom flats.
Our role included:
- Agreement of client instructions
- Developing the vision with the client which comprised three one-bedroom flats on the ground floor with a commercial element to the rear of the property
- Undertaking the feasibility study
- Project managing the design and architectural process
- Liaising with the local council to overcome objections
- Undertaking the contract administration of the conversion works including management of the tender process
The Benefit to Our Client:
Having identified residential conversion as the best way to maximise the asset value, Blue Alpine managed the design and architectural process to deliver on the client’s requirements within budget. We worked closely with our client and architect to achieve planning permission, almost doubling the property value in comparison to the purchase price.